[theforum] Suggestion for comment moderation

Isaac Forman isaac at bigtrip.org
Thu Aug 21 06:12:43 CDT 2003

> For an example see slashdot.org.

I think there are huge differences between an evolt.org article getting
10-20 comments, and a slashdot.org article getting 200-1000. Unless we
used a very different scale, then I'm not sure that we have the crowd to
make it work.

One thing that we could do is select people (from thelist? From a set of
volunteers) to do something similar to jury duty (like /. Moderating).
Maybe for a few days or a week, they'd be responsible (or help out) for
perusing a list of latest comments to be posted, and selecting those to
be highlighted.

Maybe comments could be highlighted for 'Quality', or (valid)
'Counterpoint'?

Isaac