[theforum] Re: google adwords: next step

Mike King mike.king at redroom.biz
Mon May 10 13:47:32 CDT 2004

I totally agree that we need people to manage projects like beo adverts
and the weo redesign. There must be a number of projects that have died
a death because no-one 'owned' them.

Personally, I feel that we need someone to drive evolt.org forward.
Someone with a vision of what evolt shoud be, and the backing of the
rest of the members to get it done, or at least on the way to getting it
done. A CEO, if you will. Not permanent, but elected and with some power
of choice.

I'm only putting this out there because I feel that evolt is dying. I
would love to help more, but there's the back-biting, in-fighting,
lethargy and general lack-of-decisions-made which has always put me off.

There's questions we need to ask ourselves. I belive it will take
someone with a leadership role, to take evolt forward:

- Are we extinct. Is there a need for an evolt.org in the current
working-web world?
- Is thelist as good as it used to be? If not, why not?
- What projects are evolt.org undertaking and why?
- What does a member get when they join evolt.org?
- Why should they join evolt?

I've got loads of these questions and I'd love to put them to someone,
but, somene who's got a bit of drive to ask others to find the answers.
It should be a team effort - and we've got a great team - but even teams
need managers to keep everything going in the right direction.

These are all things that I've been muttering about at beervolts for the
past year. I've always been to worried to ask them. Well, now I have.

Bring it on!
Mike King