[Sysadmin] Re: [theforum] We've got a serious problem here at evolt.org

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu May 13 22:20:40 CDT 2004

Dean Mah wrote:
> [dns management user/pass handover snippage]
>
> It's probably something that should be handed over to sysadmin at some
> point.  Obviously not to the sysadmin list since the archive is open.
> It's probably a safe bet to send it to neuro and then as our steering
> rep. he can distribute it appropriately.

I'm happy with that if everyone else is, but over time I'd like to migrate
to our own name server (waiting until we have a new box at servermatrix or
wherever seems the best idea) with backups distributed in different places,
i.e. EveryDNS, gradwell.com, etc for good backup name service coverage.

I do this on a regular basis for my job and for my personal domains, so
setting up bind 8 or 9 on the new box - which will likely be running debian
:> - and getting the domain(s) set up is a piece of piss.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | Brodie: The Force is strong with this one
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |    Jay: Dude, don't encourage him