[theforum] lists (was: We've got a serious problem here at evolt.org)

Dean Mah dmah at shaw.ca
Fri May 14 09:08:06 CDT 2004

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 02:42:23PM +0100, Garrett Coakley wrote:
> On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 02:10:28PM +0100, William Anderson wrote:
>
> > >We haven't had any response to a few emails that implied people with
> > >admin rights, and matters have been complicated needlessly.
> >
> > my message re: dns wasn't answered by david u because he wasn't subbed to
> > sysadmin - just means we need to ensure everyone everywhere is on the right
> > lists.
>
> Which should be much easier with the streamlined lists with any luck.
>
> When are they going to be actioned btw?

As may have been noted in my other e-mail, it would probably be best
to wait until we changed servers before doing this.  I've never had
any luck getting an 'admin' list working on theraq because there was a
user account called 'admin' on it.  It also means less migration when
we get the new box, assuming that Finance agrees we can take it on and
no one has any objections.

Dean