[theforum] Lists Hosting

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri May 21 01:14:26 CDT 2004

Hi Dean.

I'm sorry if some of my questions have been answered before. I've missed a
few messages over the last few months.

>I think it's time to address the hosting of the lists.  The lists are
>currently being hosted on a server that was never intended for that
>use and shares space with a number of other unrelated services.

Is this affecting performance or functioning of the lists? When you say
"unrelated services", are you referring to the browser archive?

If we move from this box, where will we keep the browser archive?

>The host ServerMatrix (http://www.servermatrix.com/) has been
>proposed.  For about $1000 a year, we'll get a TB of data transfer.

Is everyone OK with this company? What's the word on the "street" about them?

>I suggest that we move as soon as possible (within a month).  We need
>to get certain patches applied to the server and software upgraded and
>it makes sense to do this all at once on a new server rather than
>staging something on the existing one.

+1

I think we have enough money to cover it.

Regards,

Madhu