[theforum] Can't get on steering, finance or sysadmin

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Sat May 22 20:47:30 CDT 2004

> In my experience it is *very* rare for there to be an exact
> split either
> side on a vote. In nearly all cases there is at least one side with
> slightly more support. If there is a tie, you hold another
> discussion,
> during which you try and convince people to not abstain, or to vote
> another way and then vote again. The chances of two votes
> resulting in a
> tie is extremely unlikely, and I think we should cross that bridge if
> and when we come to it.

Been there (frequently) - your experience doesn't include the past few
years with evolt.org, where these scenarios have played out frequently
and repeatedly.

You continue to comment as if the rest of us have never thought of these
things. Perhaps if you spent some time reading the past six months'
archives of whatever administrative lists are available you wouldn't
keep bringing up points which have been gone over repeatedly in the
past.

joel