[theforum] RFC: w.e.o and l.e.o Server Integration

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Mon May 24 06:29:55 CDT 2004

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 06:44:39AM +0100, Martin Burns wrote:

> >1) Move l.e.o, d.e.o, and b.e.o to a Windows platform to be place with
> >   w.e.o which is currently running on Windows with CF/IIS/SQL Server.
> >
> >2) Move w.e.o to a Linux platform which is what l.e.o, d.e.o, and
> >   b.e.o currently run on.
> >
> >3) Defer the decision and just move l.e.o, d.e.o, and b.e.o with the
> >   intention of re-visiting the issue either through another migration
> >   or by going to a distributed computing model.
>
> +1 to 3, not so much as a 'deferring the decision' as "I'd rather get
> the new box up and running rsn, even if we've decided what the end
> result will be"

[/me finishes wading through more theforum mails than I've seen in a
*long* time]

#3 for me too.

Not only for the fact that the raq is starting to have the occassional
creak with mail volumes so I would feel happier with leo and beo being
sorted asap, but also as jeff has said, that allows us to take a look at
new tech that wasn't mature enough when weo's current implementation was
built.

G.