[theforum] Results (was Re: RFV: ServerMatrix Hosting for l.e.o)

Dean Mah dmah at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 9 12:05:56 CDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 04:30:13PM +0000, Elfur Logadóttir wrote:

> .:| Anyway, I'd suggest going with the $49/month box now and
> .:| giving .jeff
> .:| $49/month for w.e.o hosting.  Then find a CMS that will meet our
> .:| needs, grab another $49/month box and install it there.  (There was
> .:| some talk on sysadmin about dual hosting everything.)  This lets us
> .:| spend $100/month (forgive the math), get two boxes, and gives us a
> .:| plan for the future.
>
> Hmm. But the results shown below don't seem to agree with you,

Obviously.  My comments weren't meant to be about the vote.  They were
about what I would suggest doing.  Sorry about the confusion.  I
really should have started two separate threads.

> .:| 2a) Going with the $49/month box.
> .:| For: 5
> .:|
> .:| Dean Mah
>
> But in the other email that just came through, you did a +1 to 2b ;)

Oops, you caught me.  I meant to vote for 2a.

> .:| 2b) Going with the highest spec. box for $99/month.
> .:| For: 9
>
> So this seems to be the way things are going to be organized. We're getting
> the biggest box possible for $99/month.

Yes, as long as the vote stands.  I believe, stef called for the vote
to be postponed since there was additional information.  But as long
as everyone is okay with the vote, David can go ahead and start
negotiations with ServerMatrix to make it happen.

> I however reccomend that we hurry the CMS decision and start working on that
> part immediately, trying to reach a "weo on this box by september 1st"
> deadline or something similar.
>
> Thoughts?

Sounds good.  I would also suggest starting a new thread for
discussing it.  ;)

Dean