[theforum] Re: [thechat] evolt.org site is changing - come and help!

Martin Burns yumyum at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Nov 23 08:12:39 CST 2004

On Tue, November 23, 2004 10:18 am, Martin Burns said:
> Fellow evolters

> If you'd like to help in the development and launch of the new site,
> please sign up for
> the evolt.org management list at
> http://lists.evolt.org/mailman/listinfo/theforum

Forgot to add 2 things:

1) Realtime discussion speeds things up: come join us on the evolt irc
channel #evolt:
http://evolt.org/evolt_irc_primer/index.html
http://evolt.userfrenzy.com/evolt_irc_primer/index.html

2) Tips for off-topic posts

  a) thelist:
     If you're about to replatform a site with anything more complex than
     static pages, you're probably thinking of some kind of system to
     manage it all. The choice you have to think through is this: do you

    i) Customise a packaged CMS, saving a lot of effort (do you *really*
       need to code Yet Another Roles Based Authentication System?) gaining
       lots of useful stuff and gaining a lot of other people's ongoing
       effort but perhaps gaining only 95% of the desired functionality

   ii) Bespoke a system, and live with the reverse set of
       benefits/disbenefits

  b) thechat:
     Hey guys: I'm in .ch at the moment! I stayed over the other weekend,
     the family joined me and we actually got to do the sites a bit.
     Here's yer perfect fairytale castle:
     http://www.easyweb.co.uk/photos/places/geneva/chillon
     More photos (including ones of the family) to follow.

"Names, once they are in common use   | Spammers: Send me email to
 quickly become mere sounds, their    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk <- to train
 etymology being buried, like so many | my filter. Currently killing over
 of the earth's marvels, beneath the  | 99.8% of all known spams stone dead.
 dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie     |
http://nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam

Wooden toys for toddlers:
http://www.purpur.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=95