[theforum] Presentation layer core design

Tara Cleveland evolt at taracleveland.com
Tue Nov 23 09:15:32 CST 2004

On 23-Nov-04, at 8:35 AM, Elfur Logadottir wrote:

> My vote is for below the blacknav.

Well I'd +1 for below the black nav. But... even that's not my
favourite. I'd much rather the right-hand column have a login and other
good stuff.

Right now the mockups (not the PoC) have article information on the
right column on article pages and other stuff on other pages. The right
hand column is used very differently depending on the type of page
you're on.

I really think that any navigation-type stuff, including incidental nav
should remain in approximately the same place on all the pages.
According to the mockups, we've got a right column that's totally
different based on the page that it's on, but it essentially *looks*
the same on every page (no totally "I'm different" look - *know* the
text is different and there are other slight differences - so please
don't bother pointing that out).

It's not awful, but really, I think it could be made better by putting
more permanent stuff on the right hand column - like the weo design is
using currently. And putting the author info

--
Tara Cleveland
Web Design