[theforum] URL Schemas & missing data

Seb seb at poked.org
Mon Dec 6 17:56:50 CST 2004

Lachlan Cannon wrote:

> aardvark wrote:
>
>> if we stay with HTML for this first pass, then i am fine with leaving
>> them...
>>
>> but let's not get in the habit of just doing things halfway...
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> or rather, if we go XHTML, let's *make* the time and run them through
>> tidy... i'd rather see it late and correct than on time and wrong...
>

> +1
>
> Of course, if there's no way to keep comments clean after launch,
> that'll be mostly pointless. Is there a drupal way to ensure the
> validity / cleanliness of markup to our specified standard?

Yep. All content in Drupal can be passed through a "transformation
chain", which allows you to perform arbitrary operations on the text in
a configurable sequence. So, it's possible to ensure that all content
and comments are stored as valid XHTML if needed.

> Hey, if there is, we could integrate it into the article approval
> queue too, ensuring that people have to have validating articles
> before they can be submitted to the editors. That might speed up the
> process for the editors somewhat, and (hopefully? ;) ) lead to them
> being vetted sooner.

There's an HTMLTidy module for Drupal (which I haven't tested) that
ought to allow this. Probably worth further investigation.

- Seb.