[theforum] re: evolt.org site is changing: Update

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Dec 13 08:58:41 CST 2004

I wrote on Tue Nov 23 10:18:25 2004

> evolt.org has decided
> to move http://www.evolt.org to the OSS CMS Drupal: http://www.drupal.org/
> which is based on MySQL/PHP.
> Here's the fun bit: We'd like to do this in time for evolt's 6th birthday.
> Which is about 3 weeks away. And the more eyes that are on this, the better.

So, it looks like we're not meeting the birthday deadline (which is tomorrow - 6 years:
go evolt!), for a number of reasons, including:
1) Finalised design not agreed
2) Data not handed over for testing purposes

We're now working really hard on the design and template, and subject to getting data
handed over, hope to be launching shortly after the holidays.

"Names, once they are in common use   | Spammers: Send me email to
 quickly become mere sounds, their    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk <- to train
 etymology being buried, like so many | my filter. Currently killing over
 of the earth's marvels, beneath the  | 99.8% of all known spams stone dead.
 dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie     | http://nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam