[theforum] weo progress - testing please!

Madhu Menon chef at shiokfood.com
Thu Feb 17 02:22:35 CST 2005

At 13:24 17/02/2005, John Handelaar wrote:
>URLs with random fixtures like 'foo' and 'shite' above should be
>a mod-rewrite thing, which is indeed regex-driven.  As a general
>principle though I don't see the need to include cruft in new URLs -
>I'm sure you'll tell me if you think I'm wrong, but the numeric
>category id and the /article/ part of the URL serve no useful purpose
>that I can discern and should not be added to new material.

IMHO, we need URLs like http://www.evolt.org/intro-to-color-theory  if
possible. Alternatively, something like
http://www.evolt.org/34561/intro-to-color-theory - where 34561 is the
article ID - should also suffice. This will do wonders for Google PageRank.

Is that feasible?

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon