[theforum] weo signoff

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Thu Mar 3 11:04:26 CST 2005

martin wrote:

[snips]
>> - also, is there any reason we're honking a big old php session id on to
>> the
>> url when cookies are turned off? this is REALLY bad for search spiders
>> (they're
>> gonna index those links with the session url too, since spiders don't eat
>> cookies)

> This is default Drupal - and a few minutes spent with SEs shows that they
> don't have a problem with Drupal sites whatsoever.

do they drop the session id?
do you have any examples?.... (not trying to be onboxious, just can't find
any)

>> > 3) We are otherwise waiting for a final data dump which we'll use to do
>> > the URL alignment
>>
>> - this is really critical, if we care about our search listings and
>> preventing link-rot.
>> can't this be implemented now with the data we have? i don't understand
>>  why we need another dump to do the work.
>
> We don't. However, our team aren't inclined to do it twice.

sorry, i thought it would be a script....

[snips]

>> can we have a vote?
>
> That's what we are having.

then can we please have a short finance report,
so we know what we are voting on/for?

and then can we start a formal "shall we relaunch?" vote?

nagrom
http://www.morgankelsey.com