[theforum] Final Data Handover - still not happened

Paul Waring pwaring at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 15:00:38 CST 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 07:18:38 +0000, William Anderson <neuro at well.com> wrote:
> Compressed I show the evolt database at the Jan 18th pull at ~ 25 meg - do
> we really have hundreds of megs of assets for the site?

I have a reasonably up to date scrape of weo, comes in at
approximately 400Mb but that's uncompressed HTML and image files and
presumably the actual data (once you take out the template code that
is included on each page - I'm guessing there's a template with bits
filled in from the database anyway). With compression applied and only
dumping the templates, database structure/contents and the images, I
can't see how it could possibly weigh in at more than 100Mb. Even on a
standard DSL connection, that shouldn't take much more than an hour to
download.

Paul

--
Rogue Tory