[theforum] Vote Request

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Thu Sep 7 20:05:38 CDT 2006

Alan Lloyd [www-ss.com] wrote:

> I suggested using theforum instead of all the other lists. Should I go
> and type everyone's emails for them :)
>
> Seriously though, I want to make things simple, then generate more
> interest. Already from this thread alone people are coming up with good
> ideas and valid points. I just want it to continue even when we bury
> this thread.

I'm an old Evolter that's trying to get more engaged with the internet
at large once again, starting writing articles, etc. As far as
consolidating lists goes, I think the idea may have merit, but I'd wait
on it a bit.

The way I see it, we should just try to generate traffic on theforum. If
people are talking and the discussions that happen here are enough to
effectively run things, then the other lists are easy enough to delete.
If, on the other hand, discussion starts heating up here and we find
that some of the discussion is not useful/of interest for theforum and
it belongs on one of the other lists, then that's easy enough to
accommodate because those lists already exist.

Having those lists available doesn't mean we have to utilize them. Not
having them around does me we can't use them. So I'd propose that we try
to get this list more active and then see what happens.

Oh, and I do, in fact, need a technical blog. I really don't feel like
setting one up on my own domain at the moment. I'd love to have an blog
at blogs.evolt.org/judah or somesuch though. I think it would be a good
spot for a technical blog and it would reinforce my association with the
Evolt community.

As for the website itself, I forget it exists for long periods of time.
I read many evolt lists every day, but I forget to look at the website.
Not sure what the best way to make interest go back and forth from the
lists to the website is, but it seems like a worthwhile topic of discussion.

Judah