[theforum] Username Convention

Alan Lloyd alan at www-ss.com
Sun Sep 10 07:03:12 CDT 2006

Does anyone have a problem with blocking some words in usernames for weo?

At the moment we get lots of users registering and creating a profile
full of spam links. The only way we catch these is if they use a fake
email address and we get the failure notice.

What I would like to do is block certain words from being used in
*usernames*. While this will not stop all spamming issues it might help
a bit.

Words like;

ringtones
cheap flights
airline
discount
cheapest
tickets
free
etc.

It is a feature drupal offers and I would like to give it a try. It
might cut down on the amount of profiles David and I have to go in and
disable manually.

Alan