[theforum] planet evolt

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Sep 12 08:47:59 CDT 2006

Matt Warden wrote:
> On 9/12/06, William Anderson <neuro at well.com> wrote:
>>> I would prefer that the only people sysadmin'ing are the people on the
>>> sysadmin list, just so people messing with the box at least know what
>>> is going on with it.
>> And thus the original intent of the SIG mailing lists becomes manifest ...
>
> Let me know when we can stop with the snide remarks. My very first
> message in this 'theforum awakening' was suggesting that sysadmin stay
> separate.

It wasn't an attempt at a snide remark.  I've been trying to say for days
that there were reasons for the separate lists, and some of the lists still
have very valid functions.  The issue, and others raised over the last week,
have yet to be resolved to anyone's satisfaction.

No-one has even bothered to say we should have some sort of discussion,
virtual meeting, physical meeting, whatever to actually talk about some of
this stuff.  IRC?  Skype?  measured discussion on theforum?  It's all just
do, do, do and no thought, which still scares the hell out of me.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      |  Tim: Your cheese game is strong.
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | Zane: My cheese game. It's all about the