[theforum] Vote Request

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Sep 12 05:36:16 CDT 2006

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:44:38 -0300, Sarah Adams wrote:

> Given the mixed reports on what actually happens on the evolt IRC
> channel, I'm very curious to check it out. However, I'd rather not have
> to install and learn IRC just to find out what goes on on the channel.

As mentioned t'other day, I have a web client (so no download needed - works fine from most any browser. It's irc.cgi for those that care). Mail me offlist for details.

Regarding learning, may I point to Garrett's useful intro:
http://evolt.org/node/24919
which covers more than you'll need to know with my web client.

> Can some kind of (permanent) archive be established?

The level of signal/noise is really, really low :-) And I think there's some value to having it unarchived, as you can float ideas (including dumb ones)/rant/lark around without it being part of your permanent record.

Of course, if you're seriously abusive/out of order, you'll get called on it, so there are some standards of behaviour and it's not entirely Liberty Hall.

"Names, once they are in common use   | Spammers: Send me email to
 quickly become mere sounds, their    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk
 etymology being buried, like so many | my filter. Currently killing over
 of the earth's marvels, beneath the  | 99.9% of all known spams stone dead.
 dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie     | http://nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam