[theforum] Brief notes on the sanctity of theforum, and double-standards relating thereto

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 14:00:15 CDT 2006

On 9/11/06, Tara Cleveland <tara.cleveland at gmail.com> wrote:
> While I don't have a problem with having a (much shorter) mission statement
> on the home page, making such a drastic change to the look of the site
> without a discussion is uncalled for and counter-productive at this
> stage.[1]
>
> I don't remember (approving) or having any type of real discussion about
> adding a mission statement on the home page or what that mission statement
> would contain. I do remember two emails where people discussed the
> *possibility* of that happening.

Then why didn't you say something?

This, to me, just proves that theforum is a waste. There is a
fundamental problem here with trying to have some sort of "voting"
process with an undefined body. We have had endless discussions about
what constitutes a quorum and it never really amounts to anything. And
the result is that (a) nothing gets done, and (b) the only discussion
that happens is about what the rules of discussion should be.

--
Matt Warden
Cleveland, OH, USA