[theforum] Support Forum

Dean Mah dmah at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 22 13:07:20 CST 2007

Adrian Simmons wrote:
> Dean Mah wrote:
>> For example, the script doesn't work
>> for me, please fix it.  Or help me add some columns.
> Those sound a bit like 'help vampire'[1] questions - possibly just bad
> examples - are you *sure* these questions would get answered in a forum?
>

> [1] http://www.slash7.com/pages

I don't know if the questions will be answered or not.  I can say that
in the early days of the article, i.e., when the number of comments was
manageable in the current system, people were answering some of these
questions.  People were offering up Oracle implementations of the tables
and they were offering code enhancements.

As it is now, it is difficult to find these questions let alone have
someone answer them.  I'm suggesting giving people the option of
answering or not and making it easy for them to do so.

If we give people a reason to be a part of the community, i.e., having
their questions answered or Whuffie[1] for answering a question, maybe
we can give the community an injection of new blood :) that it needs.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whuffie