[theforum] [Fwd: [thelist] found a mirror of thelist archives]

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Wed Oct 24 20:08:39 CDT 2007

Hi John,

"John Handelaar" <johnhandelaar at googlemail.com> wrote:
> David Kaufman <david at gigawatt.com> wrote:
>
>> Why not allow our discussions to be shared widely?
>
> Because we don't own the material in our list archives.  See the
> chapter on "how evolt.org came into being in the first place" for
> more details.

So you're saying that, since we don't own the material, we cannot restrict
anyone from copying, or it any way they see fit?

Or am i missing the point?

>> We allow people to mirror our content in the browser archive...
>
> I wasn't aware we wrote Internet Explorer.

I see.  Same point.  Not our content to restrict.

I agree -- the more people copy us, the merrier!

-dave

"Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
you'll have to ram them down people's throats." --Howard Aitken