[theforum] evolt.org structure

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sun Oct 28 07:53:06 CDT 2007

On 24 Oct 2007, at 19:03, Elfur Logadóttir wrote:

> Soon after this setup was put in place (probably ca. six months, max
> year)

Quite a bit longer than that iirc.

> it was nixed again. This was mainly because many thought that most,
> if not
> all things, should better be served on theforum rather than split
> around the
> other lists.
> The only three lists that I thought survived that nix were sysadmin,
> content
> and finance - but I might be wrong.

...and theoretically desdev. However, because of the highly contentious
nature of the move to Drupal, it was no more than practical to ensure
that
theforum fully supported what the people working on it were doing.

Therefore, anything needing discussion above the truly low-level and
tactical got brought to theforum to make sure the doers didn't get a
shoeing for it afterwards.

It was a very much less than efficient way of doing things, but sadly
necessary to deal with stakeholders who were fighting the entire
principle at every step of the way.

 > http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/
Sell Cloth Nappies from your website:
http://www.purpur.co.uk/announcing-purpur-associates