[theforum] Projects

Drs Marcel Feenstra, MALD, MBA marcel at wintasy.com
Wed Nov 7 08:45:28 CST 2007

Dean Mah wrote:

> > Now that I have a second to breathe, here's a todo list off the top
> of my head:
> >
> > - get wiki upgraded and re-opened
> > - get content reviewed and published or discarded
> > - get d.e.o revised and opened
> > - upgrade Drupal and add new theme (the voted on one or other)
> > - figure out what, if anything, to do about evolters.org
> > - upgrade all sites to the new theme
> > - establish policies on mailing list privacy (e-mail addresses, phone
> > numbers, links, etc)
> > - fix clamav upgrading process
> > - b.e.o re-structuring
> >
> > Dean
>
> Okay, so far all of the people that indicated that they wanted to
> contribute but didn't know where they could pitch in, does any of the
> above strike your fancy?  I'd like to see a greater commitment than,
> "I'll work on it when I get a chance" because this usually leads to
> nothing getting done.  If you are willing to work on any of the above,
> it would be nice to know how much time that you can commit, when you
> can
>  work on it, and when you expect to be finished.  In this way, if you
> do
> not meet your goal, we can pull you off the project and get someone
> else
> in that is able to devote some time to the project.
>
> If none of the above is interesting, do you have a project that you
> would like to work on?
>
> Dean

Of the tasks you mention, I'm probably most qualified for:

- get content reviewed and published or discarded

--i.e., least qualified for the remainder... ;-)

I would be willing to spend 1-2 hours per week on this for now.

As for:

- get d.e.o revised and opened

It was my impression that most people who voted on this issue indicated that
it was probably (sad but) necessary to abandon d.e.o; am I mistaken?

Marcel