[theforum] evolt.org article submission

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Wed Oct 1 20:03:34 CDT 2008

ok then, I gather indeed... talking to a couple ex admins over the past
couple of weeks and hearing the same general sentiment... pretty much
exactly.

I myself lapsed a bit earlier when we were doing a lot of group forming
and reforming... I still maintain that it's all "growing pains" and
nothing to get completely discouraged about... if possible...

For me now, coming back with some years of distance and perspective, I
realize that in fact evolt.org has succeeded in creating "brand
recognition" and longevity in the land of WWW, and feeling that it would
be a shame to drop the ball on stuff like site improvement at this point.

I would love to put energy into some Q&A on weo, but can we determine
that someone would be able to take action on some of this stuff? So it's
not a shout into the void?

Some of it is pretty obvious (like getting rid of the links to the
non-existent directory -- how can that not be a good thing?)... maybe we
should even ask (or perhaps I should ask), what should weo be doing (and
not be doing)?  It served a different purpose years ago, than now, but
it's always been a great place to publish and read articles, IMO.  I
like the fact that all the articles have survived the various revisions
(even though I think some stuff like writers guidelines could use an
update...)

Sounds like there is a content group, anyway, and maybe that is the
place from which to learn (or to which to propose) this stuff.  I am
looking forward to hearing more about this, and how to move forward.

I will say that I for one would be more encouraged to submit work to a
site that is and appears to be vital and actively maintained.  Writers
work hard on articles, so want them to be shown off as professionally as
possible.

Erika