[theforum] milestones... nudge, nudge

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Thu Oct 16 23:25:53 CDT 2008

Hi Martin,

"Martin Burns" <martin at easyweb.co.uk> wrote:

> William Anderson wrote:
>>> There's probably an interim ETL step for testing, and the final
>>                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> en anglais?
>
> Oh come *on* - context alone should have got you that:
>>> *E*xtract ... data, *T*ransform to Drupal 6 & *L*oad to new server

Extract, Transform & Load, eh?  At work we do that constantly, for nearly
every client project, and amazingly we've never used the term...

TLA's (three letter acronyms) have this way of saying too much about the
people who use them... Martin's clearly been involved in too many system
"migration" projects :-)

Me, I'm constantly under the gun, being pressured to estimate short
development schedules, meet imposed deadlines, and deliver code ASAP, so I
guessed and ETL was an Estimated Time Limit (until I googled it, that is).

-dave