[theforum] An Offer of Help

Simon MacDonald simonmacdonald at uk2.net
Tue Nov 11 12:55:51 CST 2008

Erika, Martin, et al,

I'm willing to help out with the regeneration of evolt - if you want me too.
I've probably got some skills that may help - and perhaps best of all time.
I've been in the IT business for 30+ years and been around the web since
about 94. I'm no expert in anything - kinda jack of many trades, master of
none. I can offer:

- Javascript/Ajax
- HTML/XHTML
- CSS
- PHP
- very limited Perl
- some front end design skills
- technical authoring/editing
- I can do project management/SCRUM stuff - but only if you put gun to my
head
- I like mindmaps
- Apache skills - enough to run my localhost
- very small *inx skills - I'm a windose guy ( no Mac either - despite my
name)
- lots of general pc techy stuff
- done some fiddling with ZenPhoto, ZenCart, Joomla - Drupal is next on my
list - but I'm a quick study

I've been lurking for  a while on the periphery of the List, with an
occasional contribution, and I like what you guys are doing and wish to add
to the community.

Why have I got time? Well, I took an early retirement package in March 08,
hung up my Enterprise Architects hat, and decided to set up my own web
design/development business - stuff that I love doing, but there seems to a
bit of a worldwide financial F*up at the moment- so business is a little
slow.

Anyway the offers there - if I can help. Oh, I'm UK based, in South
Yorkshire.

(I'm a little Off-Net this week as I'm visiting my Dad in Inverness and he
has no connection so I'm intermittently connecting via GPRS)

kind regards

Simon

Simon MacDonald
www.lemonslicedesign.com