[theforum] back to basics

Tara Cleveland tara.cleveland at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 16:13:09 CST 2008

/me hands erika a larger shovel... :-)

That was pretty funny actually. Put a smile on my face - which I sorely needed!

I think that I'm more of a front end person and thelist now tends to
be a lot more back end or at least the front end stuff is very basic.
Perhaps it's all basic and I just don't know because the more techy
stuff is beyond me. In fact I'm not even subscribed to thelist
anymore. So I have no idea what it's like. But that's why I stopped
paying attention anyway.

I'd agree with you about the community stuff as well. I think that the
sticky-ness of evolt is all about the community and I'm really only
still here because people I like are here. That's what evolt is for me
now. But I'm not sure "club of friends" really works as a mission
statement for everyone else! :-)

In fact I'd pretty much say +1 for most of what erika said so I'll
just write about the parts I disagree with...

I do think we need a bit more structure in this process. While I agree
mightily that everything that has been said has been worthwhile and
valuable, I'm not sure we're any closer to our "goals" then we were
when we started a few weeks ago. In fact, I'm not sure any more what
exactly our goals are. I think we need a set of defined goals and a
plan on how to get there. I think that should be our first order of
business. But you know... that's what I think... so what do you all
think?