[theforum] evolt gear / fundraising stuff

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Sat Nov 29 21:37:54 CST 2008

I'm not getting incoming mail atm but saw your post Martin re moo.com.
I only see little $10 sticker books there.  (unless you know of a link
I'm not finding)

I'm talking about individual, die-cut, silkscreened stickers, like you
would make for a band, and put on your guitar case, or suitcase, or car.

For 1000 full-color oval-shaped stickers, they say they would charge
$200.  That comes out to 20¢ a sticker!  which is crazy unbelievably
cheap. To compare, I made small rectangular black-on-white (one color
ink) band stickers at stickerguy.com... granted I only ordered 200...
but they came out to 25¢ each.

Other places price the same sort of thing closer to $1000 ($1/sticker).
  It seems that the major diff is that this company uses CMYK rather
than Pantone colors, which as far as I know means that the color is less
exact.  I don't know to what degree but it could be researched.

One could take that many stickers, ship a big chunk off to the UK and/or
wherever and try to get more viral distribution that way.  But yeah, I'm
thinking of these as a gift for donors as well.

It might be a crazy idea but it feels like kind of a relatively
inexpensive "hook" that could be used for a fund-drive.

Erika

(wondering if you could get the cubes to work on black if you put a
white flood under them... Anyhow, I just sent away for a sample & will
report back.)