[theforum] donate link

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Tue Dec 16 09:52:08 CST 2008

adrinux wrote:
> 2008/12/15 Erika <ekm at seastorm.com>:
>> So it makes sense to have people
>> own pages... but not people who have been gone for years.  gah.
> We could maybe expose a log of edits, as a footnote.
>
> edited by:
> Marlene on 12/11/2003
> Erica on 12/11/2008
>
> and so on. Which would be unique and keep that attribution. It would
> get pretty ridiculous eventually though.

Yeah.  With Martin's new bit of information on the choice to make FAQ
pages personalized, I am coming to think that David should redo the page
under his own account.

I am thinking that we considered our FAQ pages to be part of the site's
personality, that is the model we've gone for, that is part of our
brand.  We show author images on pages, we are a site with unique
caretakers, we are not, in fact, a faceless borg.

The photo/page ownership adds emotional connection from audience
perspective, and sense of ownership from author perspective, I think.

Regardless, this would be a point to step back and look at what subtexts
we are communicating to our audience in how we *present* information,
and how that reflects on us as individuals, as a group, as a "brand."

Erika