[theforum] Bits from the Finance Front

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Jan 6 12:49:00 CST 2009

Dean Mah noted:

>>It means that test.www.evolt.org is under version control.

Excellent.

>>The move will take a couple more weeks at least, as we need to move the lists
>>(l.e.o and lists.css-discuss.org) which implies that css-d will need a heads up.
>>b.e.o and wiki.e.o need to be moved to the new box as well.  ns1, planet, svn,
>>test.www, and d.e.o (such as it is) have been moved.  w.e.o needs to be moved
>>but I ran into an issue that resulted in a fail over xmas holidays.

Thanks Dean!  That gives some of us folks out in the peanut gallery a better idea of where things are and what still needs to be done.  Sounding like a mid-March date might be beatable. Wooot!  (Which should be reasonably make-uppable on the Financial side too.)

>>I've been trying to find some time to update the wiki on the progress that has been made.

Ya know?  You'd think a wiki would be pretty perfect place for putting up a simple to-do list that would let folks sign up for chores, guesstimate completion, and easily show 'done' and 'yet to do' tasks for 'you are here' style status info.

Maybe if I get some free cycles I can poke around and see if I can dummy up a template for that ... or swipe and mangle something that works: https://wiki.cac.washington.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=6392750

Thanks,
RonL.