[theforum] WYSIWYG Editor

Erika Meyer ekm at seastorm.com
Fri Jan 30 13:00:27 CST 2009

No one has complained about writing HTML directly, tho for the more
complex articles it can be a PITA.  TinyMCE as is set up in WordPress is
not bad (anymore.. used to drive me nuts) and especially the image
uploading and stuff works pretty well in Wordpress (now).  Still, I
always set my blogs to default at the HTML tab.  My main concern about
TinyMCE is that it doesn't interfere w/ my html.

Even if all you could do was double-space and have it throw in <p>'s
that would save some work.

Ultimately, I think this is a minor problem compared to a lot of other
problems we face with our site usability.  I'd be down with using
TinyMCE if it behaves like it behaves in Wordpress.  But if it works
like Kupu or inserts MS Word formatting, I'd have to kill someone.

Erika