[theforum] [Sysadmin] WEO Migration

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Sun Aug 22 16:56:51 CDT 2010

Hi Dean,

I didn't add a http redirect, no.  Some of the database changes (a few
comments I guess) may have been lost.  Do you think that's really
problem though, with the low traffic the site's been getting lately?

If the DNS change took effect at 1am this morning (as it seems to have)
I'd expect that there also may have been a few comments added in the
last 16 hours that would be lost if we did another database transfer now.

Mostly though it's just that the ~1GB db takes about two hours to copy
and reload so I'm not looking forward to doing it again :-)

-dave