[theforum] Automated content reminder emails migrated

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Tue Aug 24 02:13:20 CDT 2010

Hi all,

The reminder scripts that send email to the content list have been
migrated to tron, modified to use Net::SMTP instead of qmail-inject, and
their cron jobs have been re-enabled.

Dean, I went ahead and installed these in your user account, as they
were before.  I also took the liberty of migrating a bunch of other perl
scripts in your bin directory, installing their CPAN dependencies and so
on.  I did not copy/install or test the C programs or iptables wizardry
-- that stuff's too far above my pay grade :-)

There's also a bin.tempest/ in your homedir with all the unmodified
files from tempest and, in bin/, a diff of the changes I made.

Of the ones running via cron, only article_reminder.pl has really been
tested (as you can see).  The other two, user_reminder.pl and
comment_reminder ran, but found nothing to do so they're only really
known to compile...

-dave