[theforum] Cut Over

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu Sep 30 03:01:30 CDT 2010

On 29 Sep 2010, at 13:17, David Kaufman wrote:
> [snip]
>
> And, in the spirit of "shut them all off and see who (if anyone) complains", I've also commented out the following CNAME's that still pointed to tempest:
>
> mail, members, assets, errors, planet,
> stats, noc, poc, svn, rsync,

OK, I should have tracked this more closely before saying "just do it".  rsync.evolt.org is used by our UK mirror to get beo archive changes.

Not that that matters, because I can't find the beo archive.  Where is everything?  I can find the beo vhost, but where is the data that was in /wherever/vhosts/were/on/tempest/archive.browsers.evolt.org ?  This is why beo is throwing an error.

Where are the old files from tempest?

Is tempest completely shut off or can we still get into it?  (I note my home dir is completely empty)

On a security note, why is root's home dir chmod'd 755?!

These questions and more, on tonight's show!  Stay tuned! :)

-n