[thesite] synopsis stuff..

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Thu Dec 14 00:01:04 CST 2000

djc,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: djc
:
: without looking, can you tell me if the synopsis' are
: added to the DB by default on the new site? that is,
: do we have something in place so we dont have to
: run the add_synopsis thing every time?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yes, the synopsis is handled automatically by the article submission
process.  the user can enter one if they like.  if they don't then i run the
article body through an html tag stripper, stripping *all* html tags.  then
i take the first 200 characters of what's left and that becomes the
synopsis.

thanks,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden