[thesite] some constructive criticism

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 15 00:30:09 CST 2000

> From: "isaac" <isaac at lists.evolt.org>
[...]
> can we start by doing 2 things:
>
> bump text colour closer to 000000 to increase legibility
> make links more obvious

+1

> our options with the links:
> use blue

-1

> use underline

+1

> use white text with dark bg

where you talking about?

> blue is gonna struggle against the green bg
> too much underline on small text is not the best...
> white text with dark bg will look good in articles, but horrible in the
> sidebar.
> i'd suggest underline on links...

+1 to this overall...

> re text sizing, can we bump all text up 1px and see how it looks?

i think that's a good idea...

on top of that, i'd love to be able to post the 'heaven'
(http://roselli.org/new_evolt/layout/front_heaven.asp) and 'hell'
(http://roselli.org/new_evolt/layout/front_hell.asp) styles i made
up...  obviously i have to update the CSS for the final changes, but
if anyone's interested, i can work it up this weekend -- when i plan
to write the article about the HTML/CSS goals of the site...

and i wanna post screen-caps, too, for the article, but i can't find
the FTP info for the site (rebuilt machine two months ago, still can't
get all my shit out of archive)...