[thesite] IE5.5 Problem - A Meta Content-type solution?

George Dillon george.dillon at ukonline.co.uk
Fri Dec 15 17:07:22 CST 2000

So...

I validated the home page, and apart from a bunch of ampersand errors, I got
this:

[CSE] Comment number 3:
[26] Although not normally necessary, you may want to
include a META tag similar to the following in the HEAD
section of your document: <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type"
CONTENT="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">

So then I created 2 test pages and changed two links on the home page, one
to notags.org (without that Content-Type tag) and one to tags.org (with).

Hey presto... notags.org gave me a 404, but tags.org loaded fine!

Interestingly both files drag & drop OK, they just don't load when linked
to.

HTH

George