[thesite] search function problems

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 15 21:49:50 CST 2000

> From: Oliver Lineham <oliver at lineham.co.nz>
>
> was looking up that splash page article..  seems to be a couple of probos:
>
> 1.  i get no results for "splash page" but it shows up for just "splash" --
> which is funny since "splash page" is in the title and body of the article.

near as i can tell, the search is case-sensitive... at least worth a
test, but i think that's what i found while looking up my own articles
to edit the other night...

> 2.  after submitting "splash page", the form displayed on the results page
> contains "splash+page", which if submitted returns a form with
> "splash%2Bpage", which if submitted predictably returns "splash%252Bpage",
> which if submitted returns "splash%25252Bpage", which if submitted.. okay
> i'll stop now :)

cool... you should collect those...

> also, on the actual article
> http://www.evolt.org/article/Let_the_User_Skip_the_Splash_Page/20/416/evolt.org
> aard's code samples are in <pre> tags, but don't show up within textareas
> like on the example page at
> http://www.roselli.org/new_evolt/layout/article.asp.  has that thing not
> been written yet?  how is it going to be done - textarea's generated on the
> fly each time the article is loaded or what?

i'm still wondering on that... i had asked before, but let it rest given
the timeframe and all...