[thesite] new site CSS class="sidebar" = default font face

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 16 11:46:38 CST 2000

> From: "David McCreath" <mccreath at ak.net>
[...]
> Thanks for the fix. As far as I know, what you did *is* compliant according
> to CSS and HTML 4.01 Transitional (correct me if I'm wrong, aardvark.) It
> validates on validator.w3.org and jigsaw.w3.org, anyway.

sounds ok, then...

> The only problem is that it doesn't appear to have completely solved the
> problem in Netscape 4. The font face and colors are are right, but it still
> looks too small. Does anybody else see that? I don't know why that would
> happen, because the style that's applied is hardcoded at 11px (up from
> 10px).

that's part of the reason i abandoned it... to get NN to render it
properly required overly-complex and nested tables... i was trying
to avoid all that... while nesting tables aren't against the spec,
nesting tables just to apply a style is kind of pushing the whole
approach to structural vs. styling stuff...

> I think if we go into the dsp_* files that build the sidebar and apply the
> styles in there, it'll work. I haven't tested it yet though.

i'd rather not insert *any* styles inline... that would override the
style sheet, which can have all sorts of problems...