[thesite] [thelist] IE errors

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Mon Dec 18 07:00:11 CST 2000

martin,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com
:
: I assume this means:
:
: "The client asks the server for /long_as/hell_url/098/97987987/evolt.org
: which doesn't literally exist. The server therefore responds
: with a 404, but because we've set it up in a clever way, we've
: done a db lookup and thrown the content into the 404 page before
: it returns the page"
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yeah, that's pretty much what happens.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: Do you think that this is causing the bookmarks issue?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

short answer?

no.

seriously, this has nothing to do with it.  they're only tangentially
related.  valid url or no valid url bookmarks still wouldn't work because of
the <base> tag.  we can't take the base tag out cause that's what makes the
images show up and the css file to load.

just an issue we deal with.  if it's not one thing it's another.

.jeff

name://jeff.howden
game://web.development
http://www.evolt.org/