[thesite] [BUG] The timestamp on comments ...

Elfur Logadottir elfur at lists.evolt.org
Mon Dec 18 14:03:18 CST 2000

To reply to my own post, I notice that this has been
addressed already, but I have a conspiracy theory.

Me thinks:
The problem seems to occur when us that are ahead, have
reached a new day, but you that  are later haven't.
Translation:
Taylor's Timezone is probably before Oracular's so that when
Taylor submits the comment the correct time is 1:54 on the
_18th_ whereas it' still the 17th on the server.
Somehow the server gets the clock correctly, but not the
date.

This is just speculation, but since this has happened to me
before (where a new day had dawned here, but not in the U.S)
I suspect this being the case.

[elfur]

From: <elfur at hugvit.is>

| is making Taylor's second comment appear right after the
first one, when
| it's supposed to be after Martins

http://evolt.org/article/After_2_Years_I_m_Finally_Defining_
Evolt/25/4212/evolt.org?cfid=274546&cftoken=94037709