[thesite] page title

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 29 10:29:08 CST 2000

> From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at starkmedia.com>
>
> tried, but the way things work, the template that holds the <title> is
> built before any SQL calls are made that could get the article title.

i assume it's too much hassle to move that, huh?  otherwise, i see
no way to get it from the session variable...

my next suggestion would be to parse the URL, replacing
udnerscores with spaces (even though they sometimes mean
commas, etc.), so this:
http://www.evolt.org/article/Breadcrumbs_for_Those_Using_ASP/17/
4438/evolt.org

would look like this:
<title>Breadcrumbs for Those Using ASP</title>

while it may work, i still think hitting the db once and using the title
twice is much better... plus the above won't work with those URLs
that have no title...

> hey aard, you ever drop jamie a line about the netscape shit?

yep, and after two of them he assured me he'd send it out... that
was well over a week ago, probably much much longer by now
(temporal perception always gets munged around the holidays)...