[html] validating pages, part 2 (was: RE: [thesite] Re: [Admin] [html] changed my first page - the user page - some drasticchanges ...)

David McCreath mccreath at ak.net
Sat Nov 25 14:02:40 CST 2000

aardvark wrote:

> > From: "Elfur Logadottir" <elfur at lists.evolt.org>
> >
> > this validates the front page Dan, I haven't figured out how
> > to validate any other pages
> >
> > Is there some rule we can follow, so we don't have to ask
> > you guys each time
>
> http://validator.w3.org/
>
> paste in the URL you wanna validate...

Unfortunately, that doesn't work. For some reason, the validator doesn't
like the URL format on test.evolt.org. For example, I tried to validate the
FAQ with this: http://test.evolt.org/faq/ and Jeff pointed out that I
actually needed this:

<wrap>
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Ftest.evolt.org%2Ftest%2Findex
.cfm%3Fsection%3Dfaq
</wrap>

which in English looks like this:

<wrap>
http://test.evolt.org/test/index.cfm?section=faq
</wrap>

I also tried validating the article page by pasting in the URL for an
article and got a 404 on that. So if there's a simple way to validate the
actual pages on the server, that would be idea. Alternately, I guess we
could save a static (html vs cfm) version in the same directory and validate
that.