[thesite] CSS related bug?

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Sun Nov 26 12:00:35 CST 2000

IE 5 doesn't show the text either.  On iCab it shows up slightly grey
against white, because it won't show the CSS background.

You know, of course, that you have and HTML4 DTD and XHTML markup.

I know the site isn't finished & I'm not really involved so I'll shut
up except to say my recent experiences tell me that DTD's are growing
ever more important, and I could have saved myself a lot of time on a
current site if I had included the proper DTD from the beginning
instead of coding with no DTD.  It was my bad code,  but all it took
was the addition of a DTD for the site's layout to change
significantly on IE5 Mac.

And the more loose you are on your loose markup IMO, the more you
allow 3.2 style tags, the more trouble you're asking for.

Erika

erika at seastorm.com