[thesite] transparent logo?

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Mon Apr 2 15:01:06 CDT 2001

aardvark wrote:

> to do it for any color, well, we'd have to stroke the outside of the
> letters white (or black ) and have black (or white) text... and it
> would all have to be aliased...

cool, that reminds me of the time that I was having a problem with a
disk controller on this SGI box.. when i checked under the hood of the
controllers .c file it truns out the SGI_ACL_FILE attr with 304 byte
value was OK, in my case it was \000\000\000\005... (normal u,g,o plus
one u and a mask); valid_acl thought that acl_cnt was 83886080, which
just happened to be 0x5000000.. Turns out I was using an incorrect Macro
with my version of gcc.. *shrug* In other words, I don't understand
graphics terms :)

> i can do it, it'll just be uglier than you want...

oh. would it be a bitch?