[thesite] Re: [Admin] Article Approved

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Fri Apr 13 13:17:43 CDT 2001

matt,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Warden, Matt
:
: Why can't we do a replace in CF? I'll
: go through and change all intrapage
: anchors to something like:
:
: <a href="$CURRENT_URL$#anchor"
: >&quot;Why FrontPage Rules&quot; By: sgd</a>
:
: Yes, it's dirty and we'd have to do
: that on every article whether it had
: anchors or not, but...
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

that would put alittle more load on the server to do the replace for all of
that.  however, it could certainly work.  if we're going to go that route
though, i'd rather use strings that could be interpreted as actual
coldfusion variables.  that way, if we ever change the content delivery
system to more of an include style, they would automatically get parsed
without a replace, accomplishing the same thing we'd be doing now.

if you want to go this route, then let's use #article_path# as the variable.
let me know when you want to do this and i'll add that replace to the
article output page.

sound good?

.jeff

name://jeff.howden