[thesite] Re: [thelist] RSS or Scriptingnews feed

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Mon Apr 16 14:52:01 CDT 2001

The reason that might be important is because we don't want to be
crossing mime-type's with extensions.

If we assign a text/xml mime-type to /xml/article/index.html it probably
won't break anything, but its just ugly since we're already giving a
mime-type of text/html to .html files.

In other words, we shouldn't be setting mime-types on the fly. That and
its not an HTML file, but an XML file. Its just one more hack that we
don't need to deal with IMO.

.djc.