[thesite] Re: test.evolt.org

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Tue Apr 17 17:02:22 CDT 2001

> to confirm, yes, i do have all the passwords from dan, but contrary to
> rumour, all i can do is access the production database -- you do not want
> me even attempting anything else (image of child playing with matches)
>
> despite the necessity (or convenience) of touching live stuff, which has
> happen from time to time, i think we should try to get a good test
> environment (site plus database) going
>
> who can help us get there?  if anybody else feels like i do, let's take
> this over to thesite

If anything, it would be easier to have changes like mine in a central
place.

Plus, I could integrate my changes with the dynamic file rather than having
dan or someone else do it.

But, this would probably only be a testbed for the w.e.o site, right? Oh
well. Still a good thing, IMO.

We would have to address keeping the t.e.o version current, tho. Especially
with *cough* certain people *cough* making changes directly to the w.e.o
site.  =P

If we get this set up, I'll insert some test data, etc. I have a local
version of thesite, but it's a little outdated.

Thoughts?

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com