[thesite] Re: test.evolt.org

Dean Mah dsmah at home.com
Tue Apr 17 18:06:32 CDT 2001

Yeah, I remember that.  The problem with SourceForge is that (I don't
think at least) you can't push the changes that you have commited into
production immediately.

For small changes (bug fixes) and since we don't really have a QA
process, you need this ability.  Without it, you have to make your
changes, wait for a vote on the changes (QA), commit, and then wait
for someone with authority to grab the code from SF push it into
production.  This process is too heavy for some of the developers and
so they will tend to ignore it and go outside the process.  Or say
'screw this' and leave the company which is what I did (but our
process was a lot heavier, e.g., we were warned that if we touched the
code outside of an assigned bug or feature enhancement that we could
be fired).

Dean